Thomas Wolsey Ormiston Academy
Tel: 01473 744223
Contact: Della Chubb – Service Lead (SCARC)
Email: [email protected]
Suffolk (residing address must have a Suffolk postcode)
Suffolk Communication Aids Resource Centre (SCARC) is a countywide assessment, support, training and advice service for children and young people up to age 25 to consider use of a Voice Output Communication Aid (VOCA).
– We operate an equipment loan bank for short and long-term loans of communication aids, including responsibility for maintenance and repairs.
– We additionally provide specialist Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) advice for our Speech and Language Therapy (SALT) colleagues and other settings supporting students with communication difficulties.
– Principal Speech & Language Therapist (SLT) / Service Lead
– 2x Highly Specialist SLTs
– Highly Specialist Occupational Therapist (OT)
– Communication Aids Practitioner (CAP)
– Communication Aids Assistant (CAA)
Permanent or project
Year set up
You can refer into our service by filling out our referral form and e-mailing it directly to us. It is always helpful to discuss referrals with us prior to filling in the referral form – please contact us for further information (see contact details above).