Whole UK, Ireland (Eire)
25+ seen per year. Current case load 18.
– Arranging loans
– Ongoing support
– Advice on AAC in the curriculum (specialising in differentiation of the mainstream secondary curriculum) , advice on mainstream inclusion and transition to secondary school, supporting special schools in using AAC to improve literacy
– There is also a limited support teaching service available in London and the north of England
– 1 Speech & Language Therapist
– 4 Teachers
– 1 Neuro-developmentalist
– 1 Educational Psychologist
– 2 Disability Equality Trainers
– 1 Person-centred Planning Trainer
– 1 Development Worker
– 1 Manager
– 1 Assistant Occupational Therapist
– Access to 1 Clinical Technician (north of England only)
Permanent or project
Permanent with individual projects as well.
Year set up
2002 (incorporated 2008)
Self-referral is possible but referral from LEA, PCT, Social Services or an Educational establishment is preferred.