Speech & Language Therapy Service, Benet Building, Ruckhall Lane, Belmont
Tel: 01432 363 975
Contact: Saffron Hughes (Speech and Language Therapist)
School age 5-16 (5-19 in special schools).
Current High-Tech caseload: 6 active; 2 under assessment.
- Trial loan
- Provision of high-tech VOCAs
- Ongoing support and monitoring
- Training for school staff and parents
Low-tech AAC support: Speech & Language Therapy Service; Access & Improvement Teams (Specialist teachers for physical and sensory needs, social communication & ASC, learning and behaviour difficulties); Kite Centre teams (including Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, community nurses for children with learning difficulties, Psychology)
High Tech AAC team: 1 Specialist advisory teacher for PD & AAC; 1 Specialist S< (AAC); Paediatric OT and physiotherapy teams
Herefordshire Council Children & Young People’s Directorate; Herefordshire NHS PCT
Permanent or project
- Open referral to S< service (with parental consent)
- S< service uses West Midlands AAC care pathway as required
- Internal referral form in use to refer to high-tech AAC team