Publications from Communication Matters:
- AAC Evidence Base research project reports & resources:
- Final Report: 'Shining a Light on Augmentative and Alternative Communication' (PDF 400Kb)
- Research Report: 'Beyond the Anecdote' (PDF 5Mb)
- Other project resources, presentations
- The Future of AAC Services in England
The findings of the Department for Education funded project on models for AAC provision.
- Making Communication Even Better
An online resource to enable NHS staff to improve the way they communicate with people who have communication support needs. The resource was produced by NHS Education for Scotland, TalkingMats and Capability Scotland.
- Books Beyond Words
There is a series of books which covers all sorts of useful topics – they are a series of pictures to which you can add words but a narrative is provided at the back of each book if you need one. Originally produced for people with learning difficulties, but they are incredibly useful for a much wider range of people. They were/are produced by Prof. Shelia Hollingsworth at St Georges Hospital.