Emego is a class 1 medical device that gives people with severe disabilities communication access by simply twitching their muscles. Emego uses electromyography (EMG) technology to pick up even the smallest of muscle movements. It is designed and manufactured in the UK by GSPK Design, experts in medical electronic design and manufacturing.
Designed for people with severe disabilities such as motor neurone disease (MND), Emego is enabling people to use their voice through AAC software and control their environment through EC systems.
- Small, light design reduces muscle fatigue for users
- Easy set-up for carers set up, thanks to the simple base station control collaboration.
- Simply plug the base station via USB or 3.5mm audio cable to switch with any working muscle including facial, arms and legs.
- Emego assistive switch
- Electronic medical device design
- Electronic medical device manufacturing
Member of Communication Matters: Organisational