Assistive Control develops AT products for users with a wide range of disabilities, providing easy to use, straightforward solutions to access text and symbols based communication packages, as well as access to music, photos, DVDs and home controls.
Typeassist and Typeassist +
- New and updated typing and communication apps
- Available for the iPad and also as a software download
- Typeassist has 16 large touchscreen keys, using intelligent word prediction to provide a simple and effective typing system with speech output
- Typeassist + offers an enhanced range of options, including useful editing features, recalling the most frequently used words and phrases and screen/font customising options.
- Typeassist software is fully switch accessible. The large cells and efficient word prediction also make it ideal for use with eye gaze.
- Developed for users who require symbols-based communication support
- Uses a Windows tablet as the platform
- Very simple user interface to help encourage independent access
- We can install various symbols sets or work with the therapy team to install customised symbols
- Ready to use straight from the box, with no programming required – we completely hide the underlying Windows software, making it straightforward to operate for the user, their family and carers
Member of Communication Matters: Organisational